Rakul Preet Singh: Milap Zaveri sold me the film saying it is my Rekha of Muqaddar Ka Sikandar

Rakul Preet Singh: Milap Zaveri sold me the film saying it is my Rekha of Muqaddar Ka Sikandar

Marjaavaan is all set to release on 15th November and the buzz surrounding the movie is just getting bigger and better. The film stars Sidharth Malhotra, Tara Sutaria, and Ritiesh Deshmukh in key roles. Marjaavaan will also feature Rakul Preet Singh in a pivotal role. Though not a biggie, the actress is quite content to have bagged it. In and interview with Mumbai Mirror, Rakul opened up as to how the length of the role doesn't bother her. As far as the trailer goes, Rakul doesn't have much screenspace in it.

Wondering whether it was a special appearance for her inn Marjaavaan, the actress said, "Milap (Zaveri, director of the film) sold it to me saying, 'This is my Rekha of Muqaddar Ka Sikandar, my Chandramukhi of Devdas.' Aarzoo is a tawaif of the '90s with nazaaqat and shayari. I've grown up on characters like her but haven't seen them lately. Arzoo has raw sex appeal as opposed to De De Pyaar De's girl-next-door Ayesha. Plus, there are Milap's bhaari bharkam dialogues. As for screen time, Rekhaji didn't have a full-length role, neither did Tabu in Jeet. Even Chandramukhi was a supporting role. Yet, they are all remembered. I'd rather see a role for what it is than compare it with what it is not."

Meanwhile, Rakul celebrated her birthday in Thailand along with her parents. Talking to Mumbai Mirror, all the way from the Thai city, the actress said, "This is one of the best birthdays I have had. I am staying at this beautiful beach property in Phuket and began my day with a workout, followed by a walk in the greens, a bit of yoga amidst flowers and a hearty breakfast. I am glad I kickstarted my day by doing things that I love the most, a healthy routine and great food."

For more scoops and updates, stay tuned BollywoodLife.



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/rakul-preet-singh-milap-zaveri-sold-me-the-film-saying-it-is-my-rekha-of-muqaddar-ka-sikandar-1508511/
via Gr8 Pic

Post a Comment

0 Comments