Tuesday Trivia: Did you know that birthday boy Anil Kapoor had played junior Shashi Kapoor in THIS shelved film?

Tuesday Trivia: Did you know that birthday boy Anil Kapoor had played junior Shashi Kapoor in THIS shelved film?

The Jhakaas actor of Bollywood, Anil Kapoor, is celebrating his 63rd birthday today, and by looking at his energy, charisma and charm, we still wonder whether he has revealed his real age or not? The versatile actor has been entertaining us since the last four decades and has worked in over 130 films. While everyone knows that he made his debut with a cameo in Hamare Tumhare, which was a multi-starrer featuring Sanjeev Kumar, Raakhee, Amjad Khan, Prem Krishen, David, Mehmood, Asrani and Amrish Puri in key roles, it will surprise you to know that Anil Kapoor actually had his first stint in front of the camera when he was in the 7th standard.

The actor played the childhood role of late legendary actor Shashi Kapoor in a film titled Tu Payal Mein Geet. In one of the old interviews of Karan Thapar's Face-To-Face, Anil Kapoor shared how he got his first opportunity through a friend, and didn't tell his parents about it. He said, "I had a friend of mine whose father was a junior artist supplier, and he was looking out for a kid who would look like Shashi Kapoor and who could play junior Shashi Kapoor and that's the time I said 'Okay, fine, and I told him that I have spoken to my mother and father, and they said, 'yes.' I passed the audition and then I didn't tell my parents. I said let me get into the continuity, let me start shooting, then I'll tell them, otherwise then they won't let me work, let me act in the film. So that's what I did."

He proceeded to speak about his first-day experience and how his friends came to know about him doing the film. "I went to Roop Tara studios. I think that's where they the first shoot was. I was shooting with Pran saab and I did this one scene and that's it and I was in the film and in the night when I came back, I was I had the makeup on, I didn't remove the makeup because I wanted everyone to know that I had become an actor and I kept that makeup on for three days two days, sorry. And overnight, I didn't take a bath or shower in the morning, and next day I went to school with my makeup, so that in the assembly all my school friends and the whole school could see that here's someone who's special. Here's the one who has makeup on, and he's an actor, so he's special comparatively," said Anil Kapoor.

Unfortunately, Tu Payal Mein Geet didn't get a theatrical release as it was shelved. But Anil Kapoor's dedication and hard work paid off well, and now we all know him as one of the biggest names of Bollywood. Here's wishing the ever-charming star a happy birthday.



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/tuesday-trivia-did-you-know-that-birthday-boy-anil-kapoor-had-played-junior-shashi-kapoor-in-this-shelved-film-1538062/
via Gr8 Pic

Post a Comment

0 Comments