Good Newwz CRUSHES 3 Idiots to become Kareena Kapoor's second-highest grosser of all-time

Good Newwz CRUSHES 3 Idiots to become Kareena Kapoor's second-highest grosser of all-time

Despite facing stiff competition from Ajay Devgn's Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior and new Hollywood releases like 1917 and Dolittle, Akshay Kumar and Kareena Kapoor's Good Newwz has managed to survive well at the box office. The comic-caper currently stands with the grand total of Rs 202.02 crore and has surpassed the business of 3 Idiots to become Kareena Kapoor's second-highest grosser of all-time after Bajrangi Bhaijaan. Looking at the current trend, we are expecting the film to end its theatrical run around Rs 205 crore.

Top grossers of Kareena Kapoor Khan

Bajrangi Bhaijaan - Rs 320.24 crore

Good Newwz - Rs 202.02 crore

3 Idiots - Rs 202 crore

Bodyguard - Rs 150 crore

Ra.One - Rs 115 crore

Golmaal 3 - 106 crore

While the film is receiving appreciation from all over the world, it has garnered criticism for its anti-adoption view. Talking about it Akshay Kumar said, "When the doctor tells Deepti (Kareena) in the film that she will have to stop working if she and Varun go for IVF, my character immediately asks the doctor, 'But I can continue working, right?' So, I'm such a self-centred person in this movie. But it doesn't mean that I'm teaching that men have to be like this. It's just a character. I admire those critics who do all this but I'd request them to watch a film as a film. Stop dissecting it unnecessarily." Talking about the same, Akshay says, "I always knew that the seed was right. I never knew that it would turn out to be so good. But I knew that it was something different. I've previously done a film on wife swapping and this was based on sperm swapping, so I think the swapping part works (laughs)."

When asked him how he mastered the art of choosing scripts over the years, he replied, "Nobody can do that because things are changing so quickly. You have to keep up the pace otherwise people will overtake you. All you have to do is just pray that you keep on surviving. I always say that I don't believe in rankings but I do believe that I should survive in this industry. It's been 30 years that I have survived and I just want to survive more and more till they shoot me down." Anyway, have you watched the film? Tweet to us @bollywood_life.



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://www.bollywoodlife.com/box-office/good-newwz-crushes-3-idiots-to-become-kareena-kapoors-second-highest-grosser-of-all-time-1555903/
via Gr8 Pic

Post a Comment

0 Comments