Saif Ali Khan on staying mum on the ongoing political scenario: I am absolutely way too privileged to really enter into that conversation

Saif Ali Khan on staying mum on the ongoing political scenario: I am absolutely way too privileged to really enter into that conversation

Currently, the country is going through massive outcry due to political instability. Many have even accused actors of not raising their voice and sharing their opinion against the unjust developments in the country. Saif Ali Khan and Ajay Devgn during the promotions of their upcoming film, Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior, spoke why actors don't opine. And recently, Saif Ali Khan during an interview with Bombay Times, shared how he feels he is too privileged to talk about the political scenario in the country.

"I think, in a country like ours, taking either stand sometimes can have different results than what happens normally in an environment where people can voice views and discuss stuff and life goes on. It is a slightly more volatile environment, where the impact of what you say is louder, and some people enjoy that impact, I guess. I am not sure that I do, so I am still trying to form my opinion. It is a very interesting time and a disturbing time and you hear a lot of things, on one hand. And you are wondering how the country is going to define itself. That's on one hand. And honestly, on the other hand, and I don't mean to offend anyone when I say this, I have never been happier living in my country. The kind of medical treatment that is available to me and my family, the education for my kids, the professional employment and the work I am getting, everything about my life in India is better than it has ever been. So, I am hopeful," Saif during the interview said.

When asked if he stays quiet due to his privileged background, Saif responded, "Which is why I tend to keep quiet. Because I understand, that I am not only privileged, but my wants and desires are probably irrelevant to people with burning issues in a literally burning environment. So I get that, and I am quite happy with that. And I don't feel disenfranchised with that. I do feel that I am absolutely way too privileged to really enter into that conversation with any relevant point of view."



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/saif-ali-khan-on-staying-mum-on-the-ongoing-political-scenario-i-am-absolutely-way-too-privileged-to-really-enter-into-that-conversation-1544722/
via Gr8 Pic

Post a Comment

0 Comments