Kiara Advani on web censorship: If people want to watch something, they will find a way to watch it [Exclusive]

Kiara Advani on web censorship: If people want to watch something, they will find a way to watch it [Exclusive]

After two very successful films Kabir Singh and Good Newwz, Kiara Advani is now seen in Netfiix's Guilty. In an exclusive interview with us, Kiara Advani and the director of Guilty, Ruchi Narain, got talking about the film, censorship in web and a lot more.

Watch the interview below:

Kiara has played one different character after the other of late. The actress believes she just got lucky. "When I had started my career, I used to pray to not get stereotyped. I used to see actresses and put them in boxes. Whatever films I was offered, they were very different from each other. So it was not a conscious choice but something that I had hoped for. These films came to me, I wasn't chasing a different role. I just got different offers. I just got lucky that people didn't put me in a bracket. The minute Kabir Singh became the film that it did, and people believed that she is Preeti, Good Newwz came and they were like but she can also be a Punjabi like Monica. Now the response has been very positive with Guilty. I'm hoping they love Nanki for the character that she is. Being versatile for an actor is your longest yearning."

There's a talk about OTT platforms being censored. Talking about it, Ruchi said, "I'm an artist and I believe in freedom of expression. So I don't believe in censorship at all. What I do support is a rating system. I am also a mother, so I know that certain things are not age appropriate. So let everyone know what they are in for whether it has abusive language or whether it has violence or whether it has sexual content or whatever it is. You can say it in the rating and then it is up to the viewers whether they want to watch it or not. Everyone can make their own decisions. Why should we impose ourselves on them?"

Kiara added, "I feel if people want to watch something, they will find a way to watch it. So rather than allowing someone to take a route which we do not want, why not keep it simple and do the rating system. Everyone's responsible when they are making something. Web allows you to keep it real and not be restrictive like films which release in theatres."

Also, Vote for BL Social Media Swagstar (Male) here:

So, do you think OTT platforms should be censored? Tweet to us @bollywood_life and let us know.



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://www.bollywoodlife.com/web-series/kiara-advani-on-web-censorship-if-people-want-to-watch-something-they-will-find-a-way-to-watch-it-exclusive-1584767/
via Gr8 Pic

Post a Comment

0 Comments