Sanya Malhotra opens up on her parents' reaction to her becoming an actress: 'Even under quarantine, my mother told me to complete my studies' [Exclusive]

Sanya Malhotra opens up on her parents' reaction to her becoming an actress: 'Even under quarantine, my mother told me to complete my studies' [Exclusive]

With the lockdown extending further due to the coronavirus pandemic, we're doing our best to bring you the latest entertainment news under quarantine. Recently, BollywoodLife conducted a breezy InstaLive chat with the supremely talented and wonderfulyl charming Sanya Malhotra, where she spoke about what she's doing during lockdown and her personality being like that of Monica from FRIENDS to her upcoming projects (Ludo, Shakuntala Devi, Pagglait) and her mother still offering her career choices after becoming a big-name actress, it was definitely one of the most fun interviews we've had, lockdown or not. Check out the entire video below:

Opening up on how her parents reacted to her decision of being an actress, especially since she doesn't belong to a film family, Sanya Malhotra said, "My father was very chill with it, my mother took some time. Only, recently, I was telling someone that my mother has a takya kalam (catchphrase), where she keep referring to the film, Ta Ra Rum Pum. In the movie Saif Ali Khan and Rani Mukerji hadn't studied much and then their career hits a roadblock. So, she always used to tell me to do my masters and then move to Mumbai and do whatever I want. But after graduation, I told myself that I've studied enough, now I really want to things that really make me happy."

Elaborating on how her mother still tells her to seek out different career options after having become a big-name actress, Sanya added, "My mother used to call me everyday after moving to Mumbai and would tell me to take up this course or join some distance-learning course and to please do my Masters, but, yeah...I didn't do it. And those suggestions haven't stopped till now. Even under quarantine, she told me to join an online class and complete my studies. Regardless what happens, whatever you become, what you may do, your parents won't stop suggesting things to you."

On the work front, Sanya Malhotra will next be seen in Director Anurag Basu's anthalogy film Ludo, Shakuntala Devi opposite Vidya Balan and Pagglait, which is the first film revolving completely around her.



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://www.bollywoodlife.com/interviews/bollywood-news-sanya-malhotra-opens-up-on-her-parents-reaction-to-her-decision-of-being-an-actress-even-under-quarantine-my-mother-told-me-to-complete-my-studies-exclusive-1609594/
via Gr8 Pic

Post a Comment

0 Comments