'With Salman Khan by my side, I am still hopeful for a good theatrical release, says Satish Kaushik on his directorial comeback, Kaagaz

'With Salman Khan by my side, I am still hopeful for a good theatrical release, says Satish Kaushik on his directorial comeback, Kaagaz

Due to the outbreak of coronavirus, we have seen many films getting delayed and shooting schedules getting cancelled. Actor and filmmaker, who is making his directorial comeback with Pankaj Tripathi starrer Kaagaz said that they were left with only two days of the shoot when the lockdown was announced. For the unversed, Kaagaz is based on Amilo, Azamgarh's farmer, Lal Bihari, who struggled for 19-years to prove that he is alive and not death.

Telling about the film, Satish told Mumbai Mirror, "I was fascinated by his story and kept the newspaper cuttings. When real-life stories like Mary Kom and Paan Singh Tomar started finding their way to the screen, I decided it was time to bring Mritak Lal Bihari out from my files."

Satish Kaushik also talked about release strategy as he quoted, "I wanted to come after the Gunjan Saxena biopic and '83 since both big films feature Pankaj and Kaagaz is his first solo hero film. With Salman Khan agreeing to present it after listening to the story while we were shooting Bharat in Malta, I was gung-ho about my directorial comeback. It is performed and photographed beautifully. Then, coronavirus hit our plans for a six." Satish Kaushik also revealed that Salim Khan and Lal Bihari watched the trial and loved the film. When asked about the new release date, he replied, "It will depend on the new lineup. With the big films waiting for a more opportune date, smaller films like ours may get a window earlier. It's too premature to decide, but with Salman by my side, I am still hopeful for a good theatrical release."

So, what are your thoughts on Kaagaz? Do you think it has the potential to impress the audience? Tweet and let us know @bollywood_life.



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/bollywood-news-with-salman-khan-by-my-side-i-am-still-hopeful-for-a-good-theatrical-release-says-satish-kaushik-on-his-directorial-comeback-kaagaz-1603926/
via Gr8 Pic

Post a Comment

0 Comments