Aahana Kumra: I was told by a lot of people that I don’t look heroine material [Exclusive]

Aahana Kumra: I was told by a lot of people that I don’t look heroine material [Exclusive]

They say, nothing comes easy in life and Aahana Kumra is an example of that. She's been getting good offers and a chance to showcase her talent in the past couple of years, but it wasn't without her share of rejections. Aahana, along with the cast and crew of Betaal, had an interview with us and spoke about how web series has made life a lot easier for talented actors and a lot more.

Watch the interview below:

Aahana said, "The web platform is a very inclusive platform. When I used to go for TV auditions, they used to always tell me that you don't look like a conventional Indian bahurani. I used to get rejected for a lot of TV serials also. I didn't get work in TV as well."

It was a similar story for her in films. The actress revealed, "In films, I was told that I don't look heroine material. I heard that from a lot of people and felt very dejected. Neither did I know anyone, nor did I attend any parties. I used to tell people to give me a chance to audition but I didn't even get that. So it's very difficult, especially for women, to get the part that you want to do."

She's very grateful for web series and the way it has opened up a lot of opportunities especially for women. "Now, I say this with a lot of pride that because of web series, the representation of women in films is more. That's because there have been so many good stories of women being written. If you saw Delhi Crime, Shefali Shah played the main role and a fantastic one at that. So many actresses I look up to are getting roles in web shows. I see so many women stories. I get bored of shows that have only men. I can't watch them. I like watching women and their stories," she said on a concluding note.



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://www.bollywoodlife.com/web-series/aahana-kumra-i-was-told-by-a-lot-of-people-that-i-dont-look-heroine-material-exclusive-1627355/
via Gr8 Pic

Post a Comment

0 Comments