Rakul Preet Singh on De De Pyaar De 2: I am already looking forward to working with the same team again

Rakul Preet Singh on De De Pyaar De 2: I am already looking forward to working with the same team again

Rakul Preet Singh last released was Shimla Mirchi that featured Hema Malini and Rajkummar Rao in lead roles. Shimla Mirchi was an old film that was delayed by 5 years. However, Rakul has a fantastic last year with De De Pyaar De and Marjaavaan. Both films did amazing at the box office and Rakul was lauded for her acting chops as well. Her comic caper, De De Pyaar De was a huge hit and starred Ajay Devgn and Tabu in the lead roles. She played Aisha in the film, a London-based NRI who falls in love with Ajay's character who is twice her age. Whenever talking about the film, the actress keeps gushing about how the shoot was a blast and how she kept asking the director, Akiv Ali about the sequel to the same.

A couple of days ago, as per a report in Mumbai Mirror, the makers were indeed planning to take the story forward with a second installment with Ajay Devgn, Tabu and Rakul Preet Singh. "I am a fan of both Ajay sir and Tabu ma'am (who plays Ajay's ex-wife in the film). On the sets, they treated me like an equal," Rakul reminiscences while adding that it was the story and her character, Aisha that attracted her to the script. "I was getting to play my age in a film that talked about age-gap in relationships in a new way."

And guess what? Rakul and Ajay's story goes back to 1994. "I remember telling Ajay sir that I was two when I sang for the first time. It was 'Rukk Rukk Rukk' (from Ajay and Tabu's 1994 action-drama Vijaypath). He laughed and told me not to mention it again. I just quipped, 'Isn't it what our film is about?'," the Aiyaary actress told Mumbai Mirror.

Further, when asked about the sequel, the actress clearly excited to reunite with the cast said, "I used to message Akiv sir (director, Ali), asking when we would do a

sequel. I got to know from the news, too, and I am already looking forward to working with the same team again," she quipped.

Are you excited about De De Pyaar De 2? Let us know your thoughts by tweeting to us @bollywood_life.



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/bollywood-news-rakul-preet-singh-on-de-de-pyaar-de-2-i-am-already-looking-forward-to-working-with-the-same-team-again-1625876/
via Gr8 Pic

Post a Comment

0 Comments