Monali Thakur REVEALS 'the government of India got Maik back' and told her, 'We'll get you married' [Exclusive]

Monali Thakur REVEALS 'the government of India got Maik back' and told her, 'We'll get you married' [Exclusive]

Bollywood news circles were recently abuzz with the bomb of Monali Thakur having been married for three years to one Maik Richter. Having confirmed the entertainment news of her wedding to the Swiss-based hotelier and sports enthusiast, we were eager to know more and got the perfect opportunity to quiz Monali in an exclusive interview. Revealing why it took her so long to make the announcement, she said, "It's a question to me also because I hadn't intended to keep it a secret for three years, more than three years now as our marriage was in April. The first, year, we were very busy, the both of us. So, we were not in a position to have a wedding reception, and we hid it."

Citing the possibly scrutiny and trolling that might have come with the announcement back then, Monali Thakur added, "Plus, he has family here and he has no clue of being in the public eye all the time, and if something comes out, there's usually a lot of scrutiny or trolling and I didn't want to that to them. It's a very different and simple like that they have, a very stress-free life, and that doesn't exist in Mumbai. So, that's the first reason why we hid it first; initially it was just supposed to be just a month or year, and then it kept getting extended. But now that he did that video, (Maik makes his acting debut in Monali's new single, Dil Ka Fitoor), we both thought that there was no point in hiding it anymore, and so, we just got it (their marriage news) out there."

Opening up about who all knew in the industry, the National-Award-winning singer disclosed, "When I was shooting for Rising Star, the first people that came to know were Ajit Andhare and his wife from Viacom. Then Shankarji (Shankar Mahadevan) got to know because he, too, was there. He was alike, 'Why are you hiding it?' And I replied, 'It's hidden now, what can I do? We'll handle it later.' Beside them, Meet Bros and Amit Trivedi knew. Of course, my musicians from my band and my management team knew. Vipul Shah and some of the crew of the reality show also knew."

Further revealing how their discretion helped her maintain the secret and how she used to get confused between who knew and who didn't at times, she said, "Hats off to them that none of them said anything because I cannot lie, it's a very difficult thing for me to do. It shows on my face, I look like a cartoon, and people will know that I'm lying. A few people knew, but sometimes, I used to forget who knew and who didn't. And that was so bad because then I used to come as a shock to them, and they'd ask, 'What! You're married?' And I had to say, 'I didn't tell you, oh...I though I had told you.' It has also happened that I've told people and I forgot that I had and I used to to pretend in front of them that he's my boyfriend. And they'd be like, 'WHAT!' So, I'd then say, 'Oh...so I had told you.' Oh, sorry.' It has been weird situation for me since the past three years. For no reason, I don't know why I complicated my life, but, yeah, I did."

Sharing some more insane trivia, which makes her marriage look straight out of a fairytale Bollywood romance, laced with all the mirch-masala, the Moh Moh Ke Dhaage singer continued, "There's this very funny episode the day we were getting our marriage registered in Mumbai, in Bandra (a place in Mumbai), Maik was thrown out of the country as he didn't have visa. Then, the government of India got him back and said, 'No, Monali, we'll get you married.' So, they helped and it was so hilarious and bizarre. They should make a movie on my wedding. You won't believe, I got married in sneakers under my salwar suit, which I had purchased at the last moment."

Elaborating on how they weren't sure if they'd get married, Monali added, "We didn't even know if we'd get married because Maik was thrown out of the country, and then the Home Ministry and the Foreign Affairs Ministry got him back because they understood it was a genuine mistake and they didn't want to ruin the marriage because he'd have anyway got the visa two hours later. And the immigration department was then pissed at him because he hadn't said anything, but then, we were trying to keep it a secret, right? And it was a miracle we managed to, given how our wedding took place."

As mentioned earlier, Monali Thakur's husband, Maik Richter, has made his acting debut in her new single, Dil Ka Fitoor, a thoroughly soulful number that's the hallmark of the melodious singer. Check it out below:

On a passing note, Monali also revealed that she and Maik may consider collaborating for future projects, and going by this song, it's something we'd definitely like to see.



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://www.bollywoodlife.com/interviews/bollywood-news-monali-thakur-reveals-the-government-of-india-got-maik-back-and-told-her-well-get-you-married-exclusive-1639004/
via Gr8 Pic

Post a Comment

0 Comments