Ishqbaaaz's Shrenu Parikh on being in hospitalised for COVID-19: I broke down on a couple of occasions, but never in front of the family

Ishqbaaaz's Shrenu Parikh on being in hospitalised for COVID-19: I broke down on a couple of occasions, but never in front of the family

Ishqbaaaz actress Shrenu Parikh had recently been hospitalised for testing positive for coronavirus. However, just a few days back she shared her picture and revealed that she had been discharged from the hospital and will be completely home quarantined. Now, in an interview with the Times Of India, she talks about the experience and how she felt when she came to know about the results. She also shared the symptoms she had. Shrenu Parikh said, "I caught a cold on July 4, and thought that it was because of the weather. I had Wikoryl tablet and went off to sleep, as it didn't feel that bad. It continued for three days, where I had occasional bouts of coughing. By then, I had already started distancing myself from the family as a precautionary measure. Although my mother felt that I was being too negative, I was just being practical and aware."

"On July 7, I got fever and started taking Dolo tablet. I had consulted doctors on phone, as meeting or leaving the house was not safe. However, the fever won't go away and that's when my fear really took over. Still, I was confident that I cannot have COVID-19, as I had hardly stepped out of my home. I was doing pranayama and yoga regularly, even when I had fever, and that's why I was probably feeling slightly better. The turning point came while I was having black coffee, which usually fills the entire room with aroma, but I couldn't smell it. My brother even said, " Sardi mein kahan se smell aayegi?" But then, we tried everything-from ittar and sanitiser to room freshener, and I still couldn't smell anything. Since I had all the symptoms, I decided to get tested with the doctor's consent. Those 24 hours were the worst ones of my life, as I was worried, nervous and afraid. Next morning, I woke up feeling better and thought, "Probably viral hi tha, ab theek ho gaya hoga." But this feeling was short-lived. On July 10 morning, I got a call from my doctor, who informed that I had tested positive., " she added.

 

Shrenu also revealed how she broke down on several occasions. She said, "After the doctor's call, I just went numb, and the realisation didn't sink in for a few hours. But I needed to be brave. I called my mom from inside my room, who was at the kitchen, and urged her not to panic. She also didn't know how to react! My parents immediately informed about the development at their respective workplaces and we also informed our maids, asking them not to come. I was asked to take my stuff and visit a COVID hospital. Even now, I was living in denial- ki I'm feeling fine, what's wrong? It was hard to believe that I was actually sick. At the hospital, there were no beds available, and it broke my heart to see so many people having to go back. I was told that if I wanted to get admitted, I needed to go to the general ward. I agreed because getting treated ASAP was more important than anything else. After getting admitted, when my brother left, that's when I faced the reality. It is during times like these that your willpower steps in. I broke down on a couple of occasions, but never in front of the family. I experienced so many emotions-anger (of not knowing where I caught it), guilt (of probably infecting my people), fear (of dying), confusion (about whether I had been careless, even after being so careful). I had all the time in the world to sit and ponder. The next step was to get my family tested and informing everyone who had met me. Luckily, all of them were tested negative, which ruled out the possibility of me infecting them and vice-versa. After coming to Vadodara (on May 6), I had been extremely careful. I had stepped out only once, and I am not sure if I caught it during that shoot. I spent almost a week at the hospital, and the staff there have become like family. They were extremely patient when I would cry while taking injections, or during blood tests. My respect for all these COVID warriors has gone up by several notches."

She also thanked her fans for prayers. She shared, "Now, I am recovering well at home and my family members are fine too. Hopefully, I've become negative and soon, I shall get myself tested again, once the doctors ask me to. I have been flooded with messages, prayers and wishes, and I feel extremely grateful. I feel that the stigma attached to this disease is a killer. A lot of people feel, " Log kya kahenge", and that it's an embarrassment. That's absolutely wrong; you are just another victim, like so many others across the world. My neighbours in Vadodara have been extremely supportive, and it makes a big difference. Not everyone gets such support, and that's why they lie about testing positive or even going for a test. I urge everyone not to hide it because while you may recover, someone else you infect may even die because of your sheer carelessness! Also, never think that it cannot infect you-the virus doesn't discriminate, and nobody is invincible. Just be responsible, as your fear, irresponsible behaviour or lying can cost someone his/ her life!"



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://www.bollywoodlife.com/tv/ishqbaaazs-shrenu-parikh-on-being-in-hospitalised-for-covid-19-i-broke-down-on-a-couple-of-occasions-but-never-in-front-of-the-family-1659643/
via Gr8 Pic

Post a Comment

0 Comments