Gaurav Wadhwa opens up on doing Naagin 5, says, 'I had mostly been working in the comedy genre and wanted to try something different'

Gaurav Wadhwa opens up on doing Naagin 5, says, 'I had mostly been working in the comedy genre and wanted to try something different'

Naagin 5 began with a bang and fans are already showering love on the Surbhi Chandna, Mohit Sehgal, and Sharad Malhotra starrer. The first episode began with Naageshwari, Hridaay and Cheel Aakesh's back story. Hina Khan, Mohit Malhotra and Dheeraj Dhoopar did a fantastic job and later Surbhi Chandna, Mohit Sehgal, and Sharad Malhotra took over as the leads. Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai actor Gaurav Wadhwa is also a part of Naagin 5. He plays the role of Mohit Sehgal aka Jay Mathur's brother. Gaurav spoke about doing the supernatural genre for the first time. In an interview with ETimes, he said, "I left Maddam Sir as my parents were extremely scared about the increasing number of coronavirus cases and wanted me to come back to Jaipur. I was called in for the auditions of Naagin 5 about one and a half months back. My family was initially hesitant to let me go back to Mumbai for the shoot because of the pandemic but it all worked out."

Gaurav Wadhwa also spoke about his character in the show. He shared, "Even though I was supposed to portray a negative role, a positive role was finalised for me in the end. After Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, I had mostly been working in the comedy genre and wanted to try something different. And that's when Naagin fell into my lap." He also revealed that his Nirbhay Wadhwa was the first person he went for advice after he was offered Naagin 5. Nirbhay Wadhwa has been a part of many mythological shows like Mahabharat. Gaurav said, "The technique of shooting supernatural and mythological shows is the same. A lot of scenes are shot on chroma. Since my brother has done a lot of mythological shows, he understands the technique and advised me on how to go about it."

He also spoke about shooting amidst the coronavirus pandemic. "Well, initially I was scared. But after witnessing all the safety precautions that the production team has taken, I was relieved. Ab isi ke sath jeena hai. The best you can do is take proper precautions from your side and that's what all of us on the sets have been doing," he said.



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://www.bollywoodlife.com/tv/gaurav-wadhwa-opens-up-on-doing-naagin-5-says-i-had-mostly-been-working-in-the-comedy-genre-and-wanted-to-try-something-different-1674904/
via Gr8 Pic

Post a Comment

0 Comments