'I grew up applying fairness creams, expecting miraculous results,' says Nawazuddin Siddiqui

'I grew up applying fairness creams, expecting miraculous results,' says Nawazuddin Siddiqui

Nawazuddin Siddqui and Radhika Apte starrer Raat Akeli Hai released on Netflix recently. In this whodunit venture, Nawaz plays the character of a male chauvinistic cop, who has low confidence due to his dark skin. Talking about the character, the actor told Cinema Express, "I too grew up applying these fairness creams, expecting miraculous results. In fact, I remember that once, I didn't even realise that the cream I was using wasn't Fair and Lovely, but some fake called Fare and Lovely. I spent a lot of time trying to make my skin fairer."

Talking about Bollywood, the Gangs of Wasseypur star said, "In mainstream Bollywood cinema, is there any really black-looking actor, male or female? I had an inferiority complex at first. But I guess the good thing is, I realised that since I couldn't do anything about my face, I would be better served focussing on my craft. I knew I was nothing when it came to my personality or my looks. It took sometime to come out of that trauma, but I'm glad I made that decision."

Talking about normalisation and behaviour with friends, Nawaz said, "It's an important support system," he says. "Actors, like anybody else, need people they can talk to, people who would actually listen to them discuss problems. I think listening is an underappreciated aspect of our lives. People need to start doing it more. We should all learn to listen."

Talking about Raat Akeli Hai review, our critic Urmimala Banerjee gave it 2/5 stars and wrote: "The biggest drawback of the film is its pace. If it was shorter by 30 minutes, it could have been a different film altogether. We wonder why A Sreekar Prasad did not trim it because of some of the scenes are just for mood-building. Radhika Apte is efficient but the chemistry between Nawaz and her is somewhat disappointing. Raat Akeli Hai packs in some solid elements but is let down by its pace. If you are looking for thrills, it delivers them in a very inconsistent manner."



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://www.bollywoodlife.com/web-series/i-grew-up-applying-fairness-creams-expecting-miraculous-results-says-nawazuddin-siddiqui-1665987/
via Gr8 Pic

Post a Comment

0 Comments