Shakuntala Devi: 'I was so awestruck,' says Sanya Malhotra on her first meeting with Vidya Balan [Exclusive]

Shakuntala Devi: 'I was so awestruck,' says Sanya Malhotra on her first meeting with Vidya Balan [Exclusive]

Vidya Balan has impressed us yet again with a sparkling performance in Shakuntala Devi. BollywoodLife had a chat with Sanya Malhotra who plays her daughter in the film. A very excited Sanya Malhotra told us that she was surprised that people could not identify her with the straight hair. "I was happy that people could not recognize me. But then, I am an actor and would like to be recognized. I am very kicked about the film," she said. Coming to her legendary co-star Vidya Balan, the actress is an institution in herself for many, and it was no different for the talented Sanya.

Recalling her first meeting, Sanya Malhotra said, "When the shot is on, she is Shakuntala Devi. Off camera, I was nervous around her. I was like, do not make a fool of yourself in front of Vidya Balan. I used to not talk at all. The first meet was for script reading. I was so awestruck. I was not audible. Vidya Balan was reading every dialogue with such finesse. Anu Menon and Vidya Balan told me to talk louder. She has such a fine sense of humour. You cannot be serious at all around her." Sanya Malhotra added that she has learned quite a bit from Vidya Balan. "Yeah, she is a brilliant co-star. She is so giving. She was present throughout. She used to give her cues to the point. I admire this a lot in my co-stars. I was like, 'Thank you, ma'am.' Acting is all about reacting. After seeing her, I will try to be a good actor, but also a great co-actor," she elaborated. Check out what all she said in the interview above.



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://www.bollywoodlife.com/web-series/shakuntala-devi-i-was-so-awestruck-says-sanya-malhotra-on-her-first-meeting-with-vidya-balan-exclusive-1665849/
via Gr8 Pic

Post a Comment

0 Comments