Payal Ghosh on why she filed a case on Anurag Kashyap after 7 years: Close friends told me it is better to remain silent

Payal Ghosh on why she filed a case on Anurag Kashyap after 7 years: Close friends told me it is better to remain silent

Actress Payal Ghosh has filed a case of sexual assault on filmmaker Anurag Kashyap. As per statement, the meetings happened in 2013. This is just after he delivered a success with Gangs Of Wasseypur. As per a report in MiD-Day, Payal Ghosh has said that the first meeting took place at Aram Nagar, Andheri while the other two were at his Yari Road residence. She says he called her to his residence. It seems she went to meet him alone while his driver waited in her car parked outside.

In the statement published by MiD-Day, she revealed, "During the second meeting I had a discussion with Kashyap for over two hours when he told me about his film career and achievements. I had dinner with him and after the meal he asked me to stay longer but I left saying that the driver would get late." It seems some days later, he sent her a message where he offered her a part and asked her to meet him at his place. He told her to come dressed in a salwer kameez so that she is inconspicuous.

She further said in the statement accessed by the tabloid, "Around 7:30 pm I reached Kashyap's house in my Honda city car. He was sitting inside and smoking. The house smelled really bad and when I asked him, he said he was smoking marijuana. He also offered me a smoke but I refused. He took me to another room to show me his collection of films. While showing me the cassettes of his old films, he suddenly pushed me to the sofa, opened his pants and forced himself on me. I tried to shout a lot but he pressed my mouth and raped me."

It seems she left his place as quickly as she could, and returned to her residence. Payal Ghosh says she did not immediately talk about it to anyone, but later informed her manager and driver. In the statement, she has explained why she spoke seven years after the incident. She said, "I wanted to file a complaint but a couple of my close friends told me that if I said this to anyone, perhaps I will not be able to work in the film industry, and so it is better to remain silent. The Me Too movement gave me some courage. I shared it with my sister and cousin brother this month and after consulting my kin, we decided to file a complaint." It seems Kashyap was sent a friend request from Payal via her manager in 2013. An officer from Versova police station told MiD-Day, "We have registered a case and booked Anurag Kashyap under relevant sections of the IPC."



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/payal-ghosh-on-why-she-filed-a-case-on-anurag-kashyap-after-7-years-close-friends-told-me-it-is-better-to-remain-silent-1691811/
via Gr8 Pic

Post a Comment

0 Comments