Sameera Reddy opens up on nepotism in Bollywood: I was replaced by a star kid

Sameera Reddy opens up on nepotism in Bollywood: I was replaced by a star kid

Nepotism's existence in the industry has been a hot topic ever since Kangana Ranaut had called Karan Johar and flag-bearer of nepotism on his chat show, Koffee With Karan. The debate upturned into a nasty issue when Sushant Singh Rajput was found dead at his apartment in Mumbai. Kangana claimed that Sushant was boycotted by various Bollywood Mafias from films. A lot of people have since then opened up on the existence of nepotism, group-ism, lobby culture in the industry. Race actress Sameera Reddy also opened up on her brush with nepotism and favouritism. "I was replaced in three films and wasn't given a proper reason. Once, they replaced me with a star kid and the other time, I got replaced because the actor was friendly with someone else," the actress told Pinkvilla.

She went on to elaborate on how the makers couldn't tell her that she had been replaced by a star kid in the film, belittling her instead. "I had signed this film and the producer called me to his office to tell me I'm not in it anymore. They said, 'You dont have it in you'. I felt terrible and started doubting myself. I told my mother that maybe he is right, I am not made for films. But then, I was told by a well wisher that I was replaced by a starkid and that the producer didn't have the guts to tell me the truth. I can't tell you which film it was but it was very early on in my career."

When asked whether she has any qualms about the industry, the actress instead said that she respects cinema and cannot speak against it. "This industry has given me a lot and I have nothing against it. In fact I always say that I won't ever talk bad about the business because it has been kind to me. I respect films and I can't go against it. If I had the guts to go there and adhere to everything they wanted me to do, then I also have to be ready for these tamachas because it is a very competitive space."

What do you have to say about these revelations that are coming to light after so many years? Let us know by tweeting to us @bollywood_life .



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/sameera-reddy-opens-up-on-nepotism-in-bollywood-i-was-replaced-by-a-star-kid-1682680/
via Gr8 Pic

Post a Comment

0 Comments