'Shah Rukh gave me all the expressions in my clothes,' reminisces Himani Shivpuri on her iconic saree scene in DDLJ

'Shah Rukh gave me all the expressions in my clothes,' reminisces Himani Shivpuri on her iconic saree scene in DDLJ

Of all the great heroines that Shah Rukh Khan has shared screen space with and created those magical romantic moments on screen, including legends like Kajol, Madhuri Dixit, Juhi Chawla, Rani Mukerji, Deepika Padukone, his fans, even the most diehard ones, often overlook other actresses like Farida Jalal, Reema Lagoo and Himani Shivpuri, who also left several indelible moments with SRK on our psyche, and played no less a part toward the stupendous success of his movies. Speaking of the latter, who's currently seen as Katori Amma in the superhit TV show, Happu Ki Ultan Paltan, BollywoodLife was fortunate enough to catch up with Himaniji for an exclusive interview, and she graciously reminisced one of the defining moments of DDLJ that she had shared with Shah Rukh.

Opening up on the famous saree scene in Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, where Shah Rukh Khan had helped her choose the right outfit, Himani Shivpuri recalled, "Yeah...that was an amazing scene. Shah Rukh had dived right into that scene. In that scene, my shot and Shah Rukh's shot is absolutely separate. In fact, we had worked in one film before, In Which Annie Gives It Those Ones, and he had told me, 'Ma'am jis film mein aap heroine thi, main usme crowd role kar raha tha (Ma'am, I had a role in the crowd in the film where you were a heroine).' But he's such a gentleman and since he also comes from theatre and he was also new at that time...in that scene, Shah Rukh gave me all the expressions in my clothes, so that was really amazing. That's why I think that scene worked so beautifully."

Well, it took two great artistes to make that scene from DDLJ magical and that's why it's remembered so well till date.



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://www.bollywoodlife.com/interviews/bollywood-news-shah-rukh-gave-me-all-the-expressions-in-my-clothes-reminisces-himani-shivpuri-on-her-iconic-saree-scene-with-srk-in-ddlj-1708797/
via Gr8 Pic

Post a Comment

0 Comments