Shahid Kapoor on comparison between '83 and Jersey: Both the films have their individual identity

Shahid Kapoor on comparison between '83 and Jersey: Both the films have their individual identity

Shahid Kapoor is the recent one to join the bandwagon of playing a cricketer in the films. He will be seen in the remake of South star Nani's critically acclaimed film, Jersey which was released this year itself. Apart from Shahid, Ranveer Singh will be seen as Haryana Hurricane Kapil Dev in the Kabir Khan's directed '83. There have been many speculations that the story of both the films run on the parallel lines.

Shahid Kapoor is looking forward to watching Ranveer Singh as Kapil in the '83. The actor recently clarified that Jersey and '83, being both being sports-drama would have distinct identities. Talking about Ranveer's film, Shahid said, "83 is a wonderful subject and I wish them all the best. It's about India triumphing at the 83 World Cup and I think everybody wants to watch it."

He further spoke about Jersey and revealed that he is looking forward to catching 83 in the theatres. "Jersey is a personal film. It's a human journey and it touched me deeply. It's a very emotional film. I am guessing both films must have their own individual identity. I am, definitely, looking forward to seeing 83," the actor spoke to the media at the Global Spa Fit N Fab awards.

Later, Shahid opened up as to how knowing and playing cricket is different. "I used to think I am a good cricketer because I used to open at school. I forgot the fact that there has been a long gap where I have not played cricket. It's fun to play cricket just like that, but when you are playing (the role of) a cricketer you need to get the technique right and dedicate a lot of time to it. I am trying to give as much time I can," he added.

Shahid also said that he values authenticity. He believes that you cannot fake and get away with it. He also said that he is training hard and learning a lot. Shahid's Jersey is locked for August 28, 2020.



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/shahid-kapoor-on-comparison-between-83-and-jersey-both-the-films-have-their-individual-identity-1514944/
via Gr8 Pic

Post a Comment

0 Comments