Movie this week: Jai Mummy Di

Movie this week: Jai Mummy Di

Last Friday saw the release of two big films Ajay Devgn's Tanhaji and Deepika Padukone's Chhapaak. Ajay Devgn's Tanhaji opened to a better response from the critics and audience alike. Now, this week we have only one film which is scheduled to release and that is Jai Mummy Di. Directed by debutant Navjot Gulati, the romantic comedy stars Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 duo Sunny Singh and Sonnalli Seygall. The film also features actors Supriya Pathak and Poonam. While it is a solo release, it will still face competition from Tanhaji and Chhapaak. Anyway, here's a look at the film.

 

Director: Navjot Gulati

Cast: Sunny Singh, Sonnalli Seygall, Supriya Pathak, Poonam Dhillon

Synopsis: Jai Mummy Di is a light-hearted family comedy which shows how the conflicting dynamics between these two mothers is leading to a muddled chemistry between their own children and between other members of both families.

Watch the trailer of Jai Mummy Di below:

 

While talking to Tellychakkar about choosing this film, Sunny said, "Luv sir called me one day and told me to come to the office. I heard the concept and said thank you so much and I think, this is the second solo. I was very happy with the concept as I have lived this life somewhere and I am really thankful to Luv sir. I was surprised seeing Sonalli as my co-actor, I knew I would be with someone known and I was very happy. Then it was a reading through and we shot the film and here we are."

Says Luv Ranjan, who is one of the film's producers, "Every actor has his or her own destiny. As for Jai Mummy Di it is entirely Navjot Gulati's baby. He came to me with the idea. I liked it and I agreed to produce it."

He added, "As a director or an actor you can come into instant recognition. But a producer has to have a proven track record of successful films before he can be called a successful producer. I think I am in the process of getting there."

Watch the top trending news below:

 

So, are you planning to watch Jai Mummy Di? Tweet to us @bollywood_life and let us know.



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/movie-this-week-jai-mummy-di-1549315/
via Gr8 Pic

Post a Comment

0 Comments