Republic Day 2020: 'It has merely become a holiday,' lament TV celebrities Vijayendra Kumeria, Ssharad Malhotra and others

Republic Day 2020: 'It has merely become a holiday,' lament TV celebrities Vijayendra Kumeria, Ssharad Malhotra and others

Republic day has become a mere holiday today with hardly anyone watching the parade. Today as the nation celebrates it's 71st Republic Day we thought of talking to a few TV actors and share their perspective with you. Talking about how one can inculcate the feeling of patriotism in youth today, here's what Indian TV actors have to say...

Vijayendra Kumeria

I think the youth respects the country for sure, there is no doubt about it. But yes, the element of patriotism is less. I believe to inculcate the idea of patriotism in our youth, we need to first start from our homes by talking to them how important it is for everyone to love the country. The values of our country, culture and traditions should be talked about. Schools and colleges should also have a healthy atmosphere which somewhere should inspire the students to think about the country's development first and then one's own development.

Mohit Malhotra

I absolutely agree but there's always a way to have an incentive for people to watch the parade. Since everyone loves Bollywood and entertainment, if it could be integrated with the parade, people will love to watch it. I actually celebrate this day by watching the parade. I call friends over and have a get-together and we all watch the parade. It's great to celebrate our patriotism for the country.

Sanjay Gagnani

Republic Day has merely become a holiday. The best thing about this day, I would say, is the feeling of patriotism. But this cannot be intentionally put into someone. You cannot force someone to feel patriotic. Whoever feels patriotic, they express it by doing good for the country. Even small things like keeping the surroundings clean, helping fellow citizens, not doing anything that harms the infrastructure or creates pollution go a long way.

Param Singh

I usually participate in flag hosting in my building and at my area garden /park and fix one small flag on my kurta as well. I wear desi kurta pajama the whole day. I even sing the national anthem and watch a small parade by small kids in my building. I think today's youth should inculcate things like no littering, keeping our streets clean, voting and believing more in the government.

Shashank Vyas

I have grown up hearing songs like Aye Mere Vatan Ke Logon and I used to actively participate in all the Republic Day activities in my school. The youth needs to be educated about the sacrifice which so many leaders like Mahatma Gandhi to Bhagat Singh made.

Sharad Malhotra

It is true that we no longer watch the parade and for most of us, it is only a holiday. But still, I like to hear patriotic songs on Republic Day in the morning and even attend the flag hoisting that is held in my building. The youth surely should be aware about the sacrifice our great freedoms fighters made for our country.

Do you agree with these celebs and what they think of?

Stay tuned to BollywoodLife for more updates.



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://www.bollywoodlife.com/tv/republic-day-2020-it-has-merely-become-a-holiday-lament-tv-celebrities-vijayendra-kumeria-ssharad-malhotra-and-others-1558581/
via Gr8 Pic

Post a Comment

0 Comments