Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota: Radhika Madan reveals she took a 'contraceptive pill' for the first shot of her career

Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota: Radhika Madan reveals she took a 'contraceptive pill' for the first shot of her career

Radhika Madan, who shot to fame with Meri Ashiqui Tumse Hi on TV, entered Bollywood with Vishal Bharadwaj's Pataakha with Sanya Malhotra. The actress wanted to do go grand Bollywood debut with a typical commercial film, however, destiny had some other plans for the actress. And while one may assume that Radhika shot for Pataakha first, the reality is different. In an interview with Mumbai Mirror, Radhika Madan revealed that Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota was technically her first film as she completed shooting for it before Pataakha. For the uninformed, Radhika starred opposite Maine Pyaar Kiya actress Bhagyashree's son, Abhimanyu Dassani. Due to less number of screens, the film did not work well at the box office, however, it was critically acclaimed.

In the same interview, Radhika revealed that she had to take a contraceptive pill for the very first shot of her career. "For my first shot, I had to buy a contraceptive pill. It was funny because my parents had flown in from Delhi to surprise me. My father got awkward, wondering what he'd tell people when they asked him about the shoot. I had imagined leaves and flowers falling around and people applauding when I completed my first shot, but it wasn't like that."

Although she had dreamt of making a grand Bollywood debut, the actress' perception towards the film industry changed after doing Vasan Bala's Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota. " MKDNH changed my perception of the film industry. And the credit for that goes to Vasan sir and Vishal (Bhardwaj, Pataakha director) sir. I had auditioned for Pataakha right after the first schedule of MKDNH and after the second schedule, while I was in Goa, I got a call that Vishal sir wanted to meet me the next day. He sent me the script, I rehearsed at the airport and went directly to his office. He just asked me two things after the audition Will I agree to get fat and tanned? I said 'yes'," she said.

Stay tuned to BL for more scoops and updates.



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/bollywood-news-mard-ko-dard-nahi-hota-radhika-madan-reveals-she-took-a-contraceptive-pill-for-the-first-shot-of-her-career-1597075/
via Gr8 Pic

Post a Comment

0 Comments