Akshay Oberoi: In films, you get work on the basis of box office, while in web series, you get work because of your talent [Exclusive]

Akshay Oberoi: In films, you get work on the basis of box office, while in web series, you get work because of your talent [Exclusive]

In this lockdown, we got a chance to speak with Bar Code actor Akshay Oberoi, who has grown his beard and is looking really smart. As you might be aware, Akshay started his career with films and did films like Isi Life Mein and Pizza. He later started acting in web series. Talking about his journey, he said, "I started my career in Bollywood with film like Pizza and Isi Life Mein to show that I am a decent actor. But that doesn't get you worked in Bollywood box office does it's a business at the end of the day. Web was was new at that time and they were looking for good actors. They knew that the big actors won't do it. I grabbed the opportunity and realised that there's a market in which I can show my talent. A variety of rolls game by way and people started liking my work and I kept getting work. It was no longer about box office, it was about talent. That was great and gave a new start to my career."

Watch Akshay Oberoi's interview below:

The actor said that he initially found it difficult to stay at home. "I am a workaholic. Since the time I've been getting regular work. I've been working continuously. I can't sit at home. I can't do it I love going to set. Acting is like an addiction. In a way the lockdown is nice because it makes us realise that we should all pause and take a break especially as an actor or a creative person. But I've been spending a lot of time at home with my three-year-old kid and my wife. Many people don't know that I have a kid. I've also been reading a lot and watching a lot of films which I had missed watching. I also wash the dishes and do jhaadu pocha," he said.

Talking about his short film Smart Phone, which is getting a good response, Akshay said, "It feels great. Many people have time right now to watch things digitally. So it's such a great time to release content on digital. I heard the script of Smart Phone when I was shooting for something else. I really like my character and agreed to do it."

The actor spoke about his most favourite activity in lockdown. He said, "After lunch I prepare coffee and sit with my son and we read out his books. Or one or two hours I just read to him and then he asks questions. He loves it. So it's a great father-son bonding time."

Isn't that really cute?

Predict the Winner at BollywoodLife.com Awards 2020 and WIN exciting prizes



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://www.bollywoodlife.com/web-series/akshay-oberoi-in-films-you-get-work-on-the-basis-of-box-office-while-in-web-series-you-get-work-because-of-your-talent-exclusive-1614737/
via Gr8 Pic

Post a Comment

0 Comments