'83: 'Ranveer Singh is a 'jaaneman aadmi'. He comes with his arms open to meet everybody,' says Saqib Saleem

'83: 'Ranveer Singh is a 'jaaneman aadmi'. He comes with his arms open to meet everybody,' says Saqib Saleem

Kabir Khan's biographical sports drama '83, which was scheduled to hit the screens on April 10 got pushed ahead due to the coronavirus pandemic. The film stars Ranveer Singh as Kapil Dev, Saqib Saleem as Mohinder Amarnath, Tahir Raj Bhasin as Sunil Gavaskar and others in pivotal roles. While the character posters of this venture has impressed everyone, Ranveer Singh's look of Kapil Dev has amazed us to another level.

His co-star, Saqib Saleem who has been heaping praises on the Gully Boy star told Mumbai Mirror, "Ranveer is a 'jaaneman aadmi'. He comes with his arms open to meet everybody. He plays Captain Kapil Dev, I play VC Mohinder Amarnath. So, I got to shoot a lot with him. Of course, he is a great actor and has a solid skill set. He is also a very selfless actor and helps other actors. If I would want to hang out every day with somebody, I would hang out with Ranveer. 'Uske paas itne baatein and kahaniyaan hoti hai na, pura din aram se nikal jayega."

Despite being a cricketer, it was difficult for Saqib Saleem to get into the skin of the character, . "I was a cricketer all my life. I played state level cricket for Delhi under 19 and played for Jammu and Kashmir for a year. Knowing a lot about cricket helped me prepare for the film. It also helped me to get into the body language of a sportsperson but I had to unlearn a lot. I have trained to play cricket in a particular style. And now, I had to play cricket in someone else's style and personality. It was unlearning and then learning a lot of new things. When you don't know about a particular thing, then you go with a clean slate. It was very important for me to forget how Saqib plays and learn how Mohinder Amarnath played the game. I used to keep telling myself 'Jimmy' 'Jimmy' in my head. So I could become Jimmy Amarnath and not be Saqib Saleem when playing cricket."

Talking about filmmaker Kabir Khan, Saqib told tabloid, "Kabir sir (Khan) is one of the nicest guys I have met. He is very approachable and so

easy to work with. Nine months before the film started, he was so invested in every actor's process. Kabir sir treats everyone equally. It could be Pankaj Tripathi or a new actor, he would speak to both actors with the utmost respect."



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/83-ranveer-singh-is-a-jaaneman-aadmi-he-comes-with-his-arms-open-to-meet-everybody-says-saqib-saleem-1617430/
via Gr8 Pic

Post a Comment

0 Comments