Aditi Rao Hydari opens up on doing South films like Sufiyum Sujatayum; says, ‘You cannot buy credibility and respect'

Aditi Rao Hydari opens up on doing South films like Sufiyum Sujatayum; says, ‘You cannot buy credibility and respect'

Aditi Rao Hydari will soon be seen in her second Malayalam films, Sufiyum Sujatayum. She plays the role of a dancer who suffers from speech impairment. BollywoodLife caught up with Aditi Rao Hydari for an EXCLUSIVE chat. Talking about her prep for the role, Aditi said, "Basically, I play a dancer who has speech impairment. I had a teacher who taught me sign language. We trained for 10 days. She would be present on set to help me with the sign language. In the film, Sujata plays a dancer. I have been dancing since the age of five. It was just the sign language that I needed some assistance with."

Aditi Rao Hydari has done films in all South Indian languages. She state all that matter is that the roles and projects are good. "Trust me, it is not easy. I am a determined person. As long as the content is good, language is not a barrier. It is not easy from any angle. In Hindi, I just read a scene to understand it. In others, I am literally mugging like for an exam. But, I always wanted to be a pan-Indian face. I am working with good directors in good films and roles, so every challenge is accepted," she adds.

The actress has been away from Bollywood for a while now. Does that have to do with the kind of work she is getting in the South? She replies, "For sure, I did not plan it. There are some Bollywood directors who want me in their films. But as a performer, I need to feel challenged. If I have a great script, the region does not matter. I try to be fearless whether it is a 20-minute role or for two hours. As long as people take me in their hearts, I am happy."

Further, she says, "It is about getting right kind of work. I do not like to take up projects for the heck of it. In South, people are writing lovely scripts and coming to me. In Hindi, there is The Girl On The Train and I have one more film in hand. I need to do a film for the right reason. There is no game. For me, it is only about good work. What speaks at the end of the day is good work. I want to create a legacy that is timeless. You cannot buy credibility and respect. You make right choices and earn it."

Well said, Aditi, very well said.



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://www.bollywoodlife.com/interviews/aditi-rao-hydari-opens-up-on-doing-south-films-like-sufiyum-sujatayum-says-you-cannot-buy-credibility-and-respect-1649672/
via Gr8 Pic

Post a Comment

0 Comments