When Salman Khan came to Saroj Khan's rescue aftter the choreographer revealed she had no work in Bollywood

When Salman Khan came to Saroj Khan's rescue aftter the choreographer revealed she had no work in Bollywood

Today morning, we woke up with the sad news of legendary choreographer Saroj Khan passing away at the age of 71 due to cardiac arrest. While the late choreographer gave us come iconic steps in many memorable songs, there was a period when she was workless and Salman Khan came to her rescue and promised to give her work. The veteran choreographer told Mid-Day in old interview, "When we met, Salman asked me what I was doing nowadays. So I told him honestly that I don't have any work [film offers], and that I am teaching Indian classical dance to young actresses. Upon hearing that, he said, 'Now, you will work with me'. I know he is a man of his word, so he will keep his promise."

Saroj was supposed to choreograph Katrina Kaif in Thugs of Hindostan but things didn't work out. "For a while I had lost interest but now looking at the haalat of dance, I want to do something good for the industry. I can't judge actresses because I have only seen them in songs choreographed by others. Katrina looks good and there was a chance of collaborating on Thugs of Hindostan. But as the shoot was coming up, she told the makers she wouldn't do the song without rehearsals and I was summarily replaced with Prabhudheva," Saroj Khan told Mumbai Mirror.

Talking about her reunion with Madhuri Dixit for Kalank, she told the tabloid, "Four years after Gulaab Gang, I've choreographed another song for Madhuri. All through the film (Kalank) she makes others dance and never dances herself, then, in the climax, when Varun's (Dhawan) Zafar enters the kotha, she breaks into a mujra. Tabahi is a sad, situational song with fast-paced beats. Madhuri and I danced our hearts out and I'm hopeful that after seeing it, people will remember Saroj Khan again. After just reading about it, Kangana Ranaut with whom I had worked in Tanu Weds Manu earlier, called me to do a song, Rajaji, in Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi."

RIP Saroj Khan



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/when-salman-khan-came-to-saroj-khans-rescue-aftter-the-choreographer-revealed-she-had-no-work-in-bollywood-1649942/
via Gr8 Pic

Post a Comment

0 Comments