Deepika Padukone: Just because I'm shy or an introvert or awkward that doesn't mean I shouldn't perform well on camera [Exclusive]

Deepika Padukone: Just because I'm shy or an introvert or awkward that doesn't mean I shouldn't perform well on camera [Exclusive]

Deepika Padukone is one immensely courageous lady as her recent visit to JNU mere days prior to the release of Chhapaak has once again demonstrated. Earlier, she has displayed this amazing courage of hers time and again whenever she has opened up about her struggles with depression. Living through it is in itself not easy, but revisiting depression, over and over again, just to help others struggling with it, taken a deep resolve. Speaking, about her battles back them, the superstar has also repeatedly said that it was previously never easy being out there, socially, talking and mixing with people, as opposed to how she's now constantly in the limelight, not only opening up about her phase with depression, but also being the talk of the town wherever she goes.

In an exclusive interview with BollywoodLife, Deepika Padukone not only explains what has changed without much actually changing, but also busts our myth that her social awkwardness and being an introvert has had anything to do with her depression.

"The two things (her depression earlier and being an introvert) are not connected. I'm still a shy person, I'm still an introvert, and both aspects are completely different from me speaking about depression. It's like me being an actor just because I'm shy or an introvert or awkward that doesn't mean I shouldn't perform well on camera (agrees to our reference of Veronica in Cocktail at this point). Eventually, it takes a lot of me...not that I can't do it...it just take a lot of me and from me to put that aspect of my life aside and do what I really have to."

Well, now both you and us know that while Deepika still claims to be the shy introvert that she has always been, it's completely unrelated to her earlier clinical struggles. That being said, our respect for her has only grown given how she performs on screen and carries herself off it despite her inherent social awkwardness.



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://www.bollywoodlife.com/interviews/deepika-padukone-just-because-im-shy-or-an-introvert-or-awkward-that-doesnt-mean-i-shouldnt-perform-well-on-camera-exclusive-1547664/
via Gr8 Pic

Post a Comment

0 Comments